Mar 3, 2012

Red Dress Moment Brought to You by the Color Blue

So I guess that would make it a "blue" red dress moment?   (In case you are wondering what the whole "Red Dress" thing is about... you can catch up here and here

I am slowly allowing my true colors to emerge.  Literally.  In my heart, I have always danced to the beat of my own drum, but outwardly followed the tune of what is socially acceptable. Until recently.  

I'm kind of at a point in my life where not only do I say that I don't care what others think, but am actually starting to live it. The past (almost) 37 years of my life have been spent "acting" according what other people said I should look and dress like.  Why do we always have to fit into someone else's box of normalcy?   And who determines what is normal??    I am ready to start doing the things that make me happy (within reason of course).

And this........







This makes me furiously happy.

So, throw caution to the wind and do at least one thing that you've always wanted to do, but were too afraid to do it.  In the end, it's not about how others see you, it's about how you see yourself when you look in that mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment