Feb 26, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

As I come out of my slumps and funks, I try to listen to a lot of music.  Music that helps me stay mad, then music that helps me cry and get it all out and then finally music that helps me pick up the pieces, woman up and move on.

This is what I have been singing and listening to the past few days. And because I am entirely too emotional, I even get a little choked up when I listen to it.   The lyrics don't always have to fit your situation perfectly, but instead the main message behind the song and how it applies to your life.

Moral of the story.... it's okay to be down.  It's okay to yell, scream, cry, throw things, have a drink if ya need it, pray...... do whatever it takes to get it out of your system.  It's not about how you handle crappy situations and depression, it's about coming out on the other side-- stronger.

I know that because of my past, people get rather concerned when I go through my slumps.  And I appreciate everyone for loving me enough to care.  All I need is a little bit of patience and time to get it out.  Instead of letting it kill me, I will let it make me stronger.  


No comments:

Post a Comment